Ezulwini (Zulu for ‘paradise’) is truly the ultimate African getaway; an exquisite blend of indigenous tradition and modern luxury.
We are situated in the Big 7 Balule Nature Reserve, (named after the local RemBalule tribe’s name for the Olifants River), part of the Greater Kruger National Park.
Billy’s Lodge is perched on the banks of a seasonal river, deep in lion country and is surrounded by magnificent Knobthorn, Leadwood and Marula trees.
River Lodge is situated on the banks of the majestic Olifants River, largest of the lowveld rivers, and the main habitat of hippos, elephants and crocodiles
What Makes Ezulwini Unique:
- 2 Exclusive Game Lodges, in the Big 7 Balule Nature Reserve which is part of the unfenced Greater Kruger National Park, in the UNESCO Kruger to Canyons Biosphere Reserve. The Game Lodges enjoy diverse ecosystems including the mighty Olifants River, Mountainous Bushveld with incredible views, a Mixed Woodland Ecozone and 460+ Species of Birds. State of the art Landrovers, with comfortable individual seats, transport you through 8,000 hectares of undisturbed traversing.
- A Lodge and Nature Reserve with antelope and indigenous trees in Sandton, Johannesburg, near to the Cradle of Mankind World Heritage Site.
- Exclusive, traditional luxury lodges offer an intimate and affordable experience, whilst still retaining the Spirit of Africa.
- Exquisite wine cellars for tastings and private dinners.
- Welcoming deep sofas on spacious decks surrounded by leadwood animal sculptures and paintings of African wildlife scenes.
- Superb traditional cuisine.
- Professional and friendly staff.
- Environmentally friendly lodges
- Luxury Accommodation, graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
- A safe destination, politically stable, free from terrorism and natural disasters. First world infrastructure and standards and excellent health care facilities.