Named after the marine insurance company which was started by Billy Saad, who also developed this lodge. Maritime Bushveld Estate is situated on the North Western border of Johannesburg, near Sandton’s Fourways. This unique secure nature reserve combines indigenous flora and wildlife, with gracious colonial charm, offering elegant dining, accommodation and recreation, in a tranquil, “Out of Africa” setting. Friendly staff and superb cuisine are a trademark of Maritime Bushveld Estate. This oasis is the ideal venue for conferences, board meetings, business getaways, or as a springboard for your holidayand the many local attractions.
Peacefully situated in a timeless, tranquil African setting. Eight thatched, twin or double bedded chalets with en-suite bathrooms, luxuriously appointed with all modern conveniences for a maximum of 16 guests. There are sleeper couches in the rooms which could accommodate a child or teenager.
We also have a five bedroom guest house available.
• 220V, 50Hz electrical supply
• air-conditioner/heater and overhead fans
• kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, mini-oven, toaster and kettle
• D.S.T.V. – Compact Satellite TV Package
Maritime Bushveld Estate is a very safe and secure environment that offers peace and tranquillity within the urban area. We have our own team of security guards that guard the entrances and patrol the property 24 hours a day.
For the sports lover we have the following amenities:
• Pathways for jogging around the estate
• Swimming pool
Gym facilities are at the nearby Virgin Active at Broadacres Shopping Centre (approx 3.0 Kilometres), there are also 24-hour gym facilities approximately 8 kilometres away.
FOR THE GOURMET – O’PETISCO AT MARITIME
For Bookings Please call Alicia on 010 227 0241 email email@example.com
GPS Coordinates are: LAT S: 25 592.37 LON E 27 58 24. 54
• Excellent local and international cuisine served in the Restaurant
• A well stocked bar serving South African and imported wines, beers and spirits
• Private dining can be catered for in the Italian styled wine cellar
• Traditional African Boma (circular reed enclosure) – a memorable dining experience under the stars
For the nature lover we have:
• Indigenous gardens, featuring paths and walkways to the dams, and around the estate
• Springbok, blesbok (approximately 150) and a wonderful variety of birds
• Magnificent sunsets over the Magaliesberg mountains – sip a sundowner, as the sun sets behind the waterhole and absorb the symphony from nature’s orchestra
• Peace and tranquility!
• A secure environment, we have our own team of security guards that guard the entrances and patrol the property 24 hours a day
Special tours to Sun City, Gold Reef City, Soweto and the Cradle of Humankind can be arranged. Numerous restaurants within a 7 kilometre radius that cater for any taste. Shopping is available at Fourways Mall, Cedar Square, Sandton City. Montecasino also offers gaming, theatres, cinemas, all set in the design of a romantic Italian Village. Lanseria International Airport is an easy 10 minute drive from Maritime Bushveld Estate.
WHERE TO FIND US
From N1 concrete highway, take the William Nicol(R511) off ramp and turn to Four Ways. At Four Ways, turn left into Witkoppen Rd, at the first traffic light turn right into Cedar Rd. Follow the road (approximately 7 km) until you reach the “Maritime Bushveld Estate” sign, turn right into Romney Ave. (71 Romney Ave, Chartwell North, Johannesburg)
Lat = 25 ° 58.9′ 45.61″ South
Nearest Restaurant – Maritime Restaurant – On the Estate (a leisurely walk)
Nearest Supermarket – Broadacres Spar – 3.0 Kilometres – (5 minutes drive)
Nearest ATM – – Broadacres Centre – 3.0 Kilometres – (5 minutes drive)
Nearest Bank – Broadacres Centre (FNB, Standard Bank, ABSA) – 3.0 Kilometres – (5 minutes drive)
Nearest Hospital – Fourways Life Private Hospital – 4.0 Kilometres (7 minutes drive)
Nearest Mall – Cedar Square & Fourways Mall – 6.0 Kilometres (10 minutes drive)
Nearest Airport – Lanseria International – 15 Kilometres (approx 10 minutes drive)
Sandton CBD – Sandton City – 25 Kilometres (30 minutes drive)
Johannesburg Airport – O.R. Tambo International – 45 Kilometres (35 minutes drive)
The nearby Lanseria International Airport (an easy 10 minutes drive from Maritime Bushveld Estate) offers easy access to both Cape Town International and Durban International Airports through the Kulula.com airline. Numerous aircraft charter companies are also based at Lanseria.
Rental Cars are available from several companies at Lanseria and in Fourways (10 minutes drive).
Ellis Park – Johannesburg – 22 km
Soccer City – Johannesburg – 22 km
Loftus Versveld – Pretoria – 45 km
Royal Bafokeng Stadium – Rustenburg – 115 km
Peter Mokaba Stadium – Polokwane – 325 km
Mbombela Stadium – Nelspruit – 350 km
click small photo to enlarge